Welcome to our latest post on Class 8 Computer Questions With Answers. In this segment, we delve into a range of computer-related queries and provide concise explanations, specifically designed to aid Class 8 students.
Covering essential hardware, software, and internet concepts, these questions and answers are tailored to enhance your understanding of computers. Join us in exploring the fundamental aspects of the digital world through this set of insightful Q&A pairs.
Class 8 Computer Questions With Answers
1. What is the purpose of an operating system?
Ans: An operating system (OS) is software that manages computer hardware and provides services for computer programs. Its primary purpose is to act as an intermediary between the user and the computer hardware, enabling users to interact with the computer system and run various software applications. The OS also handles tasks like memory, file, and device management.
2. Define RAM and ROM in relation to computer memory.
Ans: RAM (Random Access Memory) and ROM (Read-Only Memory) are types of computer memory:
- RAM: RAM is a volatile memory that stores data currently being used or processed by the computer. It allows quick access to data, but its contents are lost when the computer is turned off. RAM is crucial for running programs and multitasking.
- ROM: ROM is a non-volatile memory that contains firmware and permanent instructions necessary for booting up the computer and initializing hardware components. It retains data even when the computer is powered off and is not easily modified by users.
3. What is a file extension?
Ans: A file extension is a suffix at the end of a filename that indicates the format or type of the file. It helps both the user and the computer to identify the nature of the file and the software required to open or process it. For example, “.txt” indicates a plain text file, “.jpg” represents a JPEG image file, and “.docx” is associated with Microsoft Word documents.
4. Explain the difference between hardware and software.
Ans: Hardware and software are two fundamental components of a computer system:
- Hardware: Hardware refers to the physical components of a computer, including the central processing unit (CPU), memory modules, storage devices (hard drives, SSDs), input/output devices (keyboard, mouse, monitor), and other peripherals like printers and scanners.
- Software: Software encompasses the programs, applications, and data that instruct the hardware to perform specific tasks. It includes both the operating system and user-installed software such as word processors, web browsers, and games.
5. What is a browser?
Ans: A browser is a software application used to access and view websites on the internet. Examples include Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Edge.
6. What is a search engine?
Ans: A search engine is a web tool that helps users find information online by searching through its index of web pages. Google and Bing are popular examples.
7. What is a software update?
Ans: A software update is a new version of a program or operating system released by the developer to fix bugs, add features, or enhance security.
8. What is multitasking?
Ans: Multitasking is the ability of an operating system to run multiple programs simultaneously, allowing users to switch between them
9. What is a URL?
Ans: A URL (Uniform Resource Locator) is a web address used to locate specific resources, such as websites or files, on the internet.
10. What is a backup?
Ans: A backup is a copy of important data stored separately from the original to prevent data loss in case of hardware failure or accidental deletion.
11. What is a firewall?
Ans: A firewall is a security tool that monitors and controls incoming and outgoing network traffic, helping to prevent unauthorized access and potential cyberattacks.
12. What is a hyperlink?
Ans: A hyperlink is a clickable element in a document or webpage that, when clicked, takes the user to another location, such as a different webpage or a different section within the same document.
13. What is an input device?
Ans: An input device is a hardware that allows users to provide information or commands to a computer. Examples include keyboards, mice, touchscreens, and microphones.
14. What is an output device?
Ans: An output device is a hardware that displays or presents information processed by the computer. Examples include monitors, printers, speakers, and projectors.
15. What is cloud computing?
Ans: Cloud computing is the practice of using remote servers hosted on the internet to store, manage, and process data, instead of using local resources.
17. What is a spreadsheet?
Ans: A spreadsheet is a digital tool used to organize, calculate, and analyze data in rows and columns. Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets are popular spreadsheet software.
18. What is a CPU core?
Ans: A CPU core is an individual processing unit within a multicore CPU. Modern CPUs often have multiple cores, allowing them to perform multiple tasks simultaneously and improve overall performance.
What is computer answer for class 8?
A computer is an electronic device capable of processing data and performing tasks according to predefined instructions. It can handle various operations, from calculations and data storage to communication and multimedia functions. Computers come in different forms, including personal computers, laptops, tablets, and smartphones, and they are essential tools for modern life and technology.
Is there computer science in Class 8?
Yes, computer science is included in the Class 8 curriculum. It covers essential topics like computer basics, hardware, software, and basic programming concepts. This introduction aims to provide students with a fundamental understanding of how computers work and their applications in daily life.
What are the topics of computer for Class 8?
Computer topics for Class 8 typically include computer basics, hardware components, software types, operating systems, computer networks, basic programming concepts, internet safety, and digital literacy. Students learn about the essentials of computers, their functions, and their applications in various fields.