Mahatma Gandhi, also known as Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi, was a political and spiritual leader of India who played a key role in the country’s struggle for independence from British colonial rule. He is considered the father of the nation and is revered for his philosophy of non-violent resistance and civil disobedience. He was assassinated in 1948 but his legacy continues to inspire people around the world.
In this article, we will learn about GK on Mahatma Gandhi’s Martyrdom Day. Let’s start.
GK Questions on Mahatma Gandhi’s Martyrdom Day
1. When was Mahatma Gandhi assassinated?
Ans: January 30, 1948
2. Who assassinated Mahatma Gandhi?
Ans: Nathuram Godse
3. Where did the assassination take place?
Ans: Birla House in New Delhi, India
4. What was the reason behind the assassination of Mahatma Gandhi?
Ans: Nathuram Godse, a Hindu nationalist, assassinated Gandhi because he believed that Gandhi’s policies were too sympathetic towards Muslims and that they were weakening the nation
Read: Best Gk Questions With Answers In English
5. What is the significance of January 30th in India?
Ans: January 30th is observed as Martyr’s Day in India in memory of Mahatma Gandhi’s assassination. It is also a National Holiday
6. What was Mahatma Gandhi’s birth name?
Ans: Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi
7. In which year did Mahatma Gandhi begin his nonviolent resistance movement against British rule in India?
8. What was the main goal of Mahatma Gandhi’s non-violent resistance movement?
Ans: The main goal of the movement was to achieve independence for India from British colonial rule through non-violent means
READ: 65+ Indian History GK
9. What is the name of the famous salt march that Mahatma Gandhi led in 1930?
Ans: The Dandi Salt March
10. What was the title or honorific that Mahatma Gandhi was known by during his lifetime?
Ans: “Mahatma” which means “Great Soul” in Hindi
11. In which year did India gain independence from British rule?
12. What was the name of the newspaper that Mahatma Gandhi edited and published during the Indian independence movement?
Ans: Young India and Harijan
READ: GK Questions For Class 1 to 8 With Answers
13. What was the name of the political party that Mahatma Gandhi founded in 1915?
Ans: Indian National Congress
14. What was the name of the famous book written by Mahatma Gandhi?
Ans: The book is called “The Story of My Experiments with Truth”
15. What was Mahatma Gandhi’s philosophy of Satyagraha?
Ans: A philosophy of non-violent resistance, emphasizing the use of peaceful means to protest against injustice and oppression.
READ: Sports GK Questions For Class 2
What was Mahatma Gandhi famous for?
Mahatma Gandhi was famous for leading India’s non-violent independence movement against British colonial rule and for his philosophy of non-violence and civil disobedience. He is considered the father of the nation and is revered for his leadership and commitment to social justice.
What are the 4 things Gandhi is known for?
Mahatma Gandhi is known for:
1. Leading India’s non-violent independence movement against British colonial rule.
2. His philosophy of non-violence and civil disobedience.
3. His leadership and commitment to social justice.
4. His role as the “Father of the Nation” in India.
What is Mahatma Gandhi’s story?
Mahatma Gandhi, born in 1869 in British India, became a leader in India’s independence movement using non-violent civil disobedience. He led campaigns such as the Salt March of 1930 and advocated for the rights of marginalized groups. He was assassinated in 1948, but his legacy continues to inspire people around the world.
What was Gandhi’s biggest goal?
Mahatma Gandhi’s biggest goal was to achieve independence for India from British colonial rule through non-violent means. He believed in non-violent civil disobedience as a means of achieving this goal and advocated for the rights of marginalized groups. He was a strong leader in the Indian independence movement, and his efforts and philosophy continue to be a source of inspiration for many.