Jharkhand is a state in eastern India, located in the northeastern region of the Indian subcontinent. Its capital and largest city is Ranchi. The state is known for its rich mineral resources, and industries such as mining and steel production are important to its economy.
In this article, we will learn Jharkhand GK in English. Let’s start.
Jharkhand GK Question And Answer
1. What is the capital of Jharkhand?
2. What is the official language of Jharkhand?
3. What are the major minerals found in Jharkhand?
Ans: Jharkhand is rich in minerals such as coal, iron ore, manganese, mica, bauxite, and limestone.
4. When was the Jharkhand state formed?
Ans: November 15, 2000.
5. How many districts are there in Jharkhand?
Ans: There are 24 districts in Jharkhand.
6. What are the major festivals celebrated in Jharkhand?
Ans: Some major festivals celebrated in Jharkhand include Sarhul, Karma, and Sohrai.
7. What is the area of Jharkhand?
Ans: The area of Jharkhand is 79,714 square kilometers.
8. What are the major rivers in Jharkhand?
Ans: Some major rivers in Jharkhand are the Damodar, the Subarnarekha, and the Brahmani.
9. What is the main agricultural crop of Jharkhand?
Ans: The main agricultural crops of Jharkhand are paddy, wheat, maize, and gram.
10. What is the main source of power generation in Jharkhand?
Ans: The main source of power generation in Jharkhand is coal.
11. What is the main dance form of Jharkhand?
Ans: The main dance form of Jharkhand is the Chhau dance which is performed by the tribes of the state.
12. What is the main language spoken in Jharkhand?
Ans: The main language spoken in Jharkhand is Hindi, but other languages such as Urdu, Bengali, and Santali are also widely spoken.
13. What is the main wildlife sanctuary of Jharkhand?
Ans: The main wildlife sanctuary of Jharkhand is Betla National Park, also known as Palamau Tiger Reserve, which is home to a wide variety of flora and fauna.
14. What is the name of Jharkhand’s state song?
Ans: The name of Jharkhand’s state song is “Badal ta ra ra ra”
15. What is the name of the Jharkhand state animal?
16. What is the name of Jharkhand’s state tree?
17. Which are the major national highways passing through Jharkhand?
Ans: The major national highways passing through Jharkhand are National Highway 19, National Highway 20, National Highway 75, National Highway 98, and National Highway 100.
18. Which is the highest peak in Jharkhand?
Ans: The highest peak in Jharkhand is Parasnath Hill, which is the highest peak in the state and also a Jain pilgrimage site.
19. Which are the major dams in Jharkhand?
Ans: The major dams in Jharkhand are the Maithon Dam, the Konar Dam, the Panchet Dam, and the Tilaiya Dam.
20. Which is the oldest university in Jharkhand?
Ans: The oldest university in Jharkhand is Ranchi University, established in 1960.
21. Name the state bird of Jharkhand?
22. Name the largest district of Jharkhand by area wise?
Ans: Pashchimi Singhbhum
For what Jharkhand is famous for?
Jharkhand is known for its rich mineral resources, tribal culture, natural beauty, wildlife, folk music, and dance.
What was the old name of Jharkhand?
The old name of Jharkhand was Bihar. Jharkhand was part of the state of Bihar until it was separated to form a new state in 2000.
Why was Jharkhand separated from Bihar?
Jharkhand was separated from Bihar in 2000 to give more autonomy and control to the tribal population and to promote the development of the region.
Is Jharkhand a state or capital?
Jharkhand is a state in eastern India.
What is the famous food of Jharkhand?
Some famous foods of Jharkhand are Dhuska, Litti Chokha, Pittha & Chilka roti.